As you know Adobe Illustrator provides Star shape tool to create star object, but the problem is the default Star shape looks fat. You need just a simple normal or perfect star. Then here I show you the simple way to draw perfect Star.
In your Adobe Illustrator artboard, go to the Toolbox and hold the Rectangle Tool, a list of shape tools will expand out for you to pick and click on the Star Tool.
Now the Star Tool activated and you're ready to draw Stars, but before that, its good to know that there're 2 ways to create Star:
1. To draw a Star with custom Size & Points:Click once on artboard, a dialog box will appear with 2 Radius settings and a Points value:
- Radius 1 = outer corner (measured from center)
- Radius 2 = inner corner
- Set the Points value to determine how many corner for the Star
A Star will be created according to your value settings.
2. To draw a Star with normal click & drag:This is the common way designers created Stars in Illustrator, but pay attention on how to get the perfect Stars.
- Click & drag to draw random orientation Star ↓
- Press Shift while click & drag to draw ‘perfect standing’ Star ↓
- Press Alt while click & drag to draw ‘perfect’ Star shape ↓
- Press Shift+Alt while click & drag to draw ‘perfect standing’ of a ‘perfect’ Star shape ↓
- Press Ctrl while click & drag to draw a changing shapes of Star,
(it change shape while you drags it) ↓
So now you know how to create Stars for your design works..