Illustrator is a vector drawing program. It is often used to draw illustrations, cartoons, diagrams, charts and logos. Unlike bitmap images that stores information in a grid of dots, Illustrator uses mathematical equations to draw out the shapes. This makes vector graphics scalable without the loss of resolution.
Advantages of vector graphics
- Scalable without resolution loss
- Lines are crisp and sharp at any sizes
- Print at high resolution
- Smaller file size
- Good for drawing illustrations
- Drawings tend to look flat and cartoon
- Hard to produce photo realistic drawings
1. Designing Logos
2. Drawing Maps
3. Drawing Illustrations
4. Artworks & Designs
Next step we'll go through the interface of Adobe Illustrator CS3. Hopefully you're already understand the purpose of Adobe Illustrator and the different compared to Adobe Photoshop.